Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I AM NINJA

That's right, it's no lie.  I have become a ninja here at my place of business, and I am a level 10 master at sneaking large pieces of IKEA furniture without the facilities people ever knowing what hit them.

I AM a ninja- the interns have the task of redesigning the Think Tank or 'fun' room.  We thought it needed a new name, new kick-ass furniture, and a whole new attitude- color saturation, a bar, etc.  The point is that there are facilities people that control exactly what kind of furniture and anything goes in this place according to design and ethics code- bull shit bitch- we're drinkin'- off the job at least.

This project is decently fun and interesting to me because for the most part I get to just dec the shit out of a great space- and make it somewhere that I want to hang out and think.  The best part about it is that it proves that creatives do indeed live here.  It was both of my boss' ideas to give us a nice chunk of change to completely turn around the attitude of our beloved hang out, and more importantly they want to thrive in an environment that allows the power of play- so they're telling us that they care NOT about the trouble that they WILL be in, but to just go nuts and make a real theme.  I love it. There's nothing better than bringing together all your favorite patterns and furniture to make a place to make your colleagues your your friends; that's what this is really about.  It's a place to bond and spend time, and hide beer away from facilities people.  -Whatever we bought rock band, and I get to be an interior designer this week- dig it.- Plus Ping Pong will live forever in this joint- I'll make sure of that.

No comments: