Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Will I become one...

I sift from professional to professional seeking and searching then I think about becoming that writer...

You notice them, the ones who desperately want to do everything themselves, and then you wonder...will I become one?  Have I already become one?  Or- am I just crazy?  I see a couple here and there- well not here necessarily- but I see them.  Are writers not team players?  Do most writers have problems collaborating their writing with other writers?  Am I a writer who is so territorial about the projects that I receive that I will refuse to accept a great Idea when I see one- specifically for the sake of owning it as only mine?  That makes me sick and sad because it just doesn't make any damn sense- for the project or anyone involved.  More so it doesn't make any sense for the 'shine' factor of the idea.  I did work with one when I first came here- this writer shot down everything I said before I could even get out the entire idea, and then they refused to come up with a variety of thinking patterns themselves.

It makes me worry- are writers more likely to fall into patterns of thinking in only one direction, and does that hurt the business that they're either in or working on?  I feel like it does, and I intend to be a team player- if not for the sake of starting any kind of conversation.
BECAUSE_
I find that the idea of 'the conversation' doesn't just refer to things like social media.  The conversation is the exchange of idea no matter how hard until the best is created in some form.  I think writers have a mush harder time grasping that- it means they must think inside not just their realm, but that of a few others as well.  A writer must be the all over thinker- because in the end the writing really means the thinking, and the thinking really means the communication of a great idea truly understood.

No comments: