Thursday, April 10, 2008

Comedy in Film: The year of the 'Preggers'

Knocked up, Juno, -MCAD's Carrie Hartman...
It is in fact the year of pregnant women as far as anything funny is concerned. These movies are riddled with slang, vagina jokes, and real life: I love them. I'm considering following in the footsteps of the films that I've adored for the last half-a-year, in documentary form. I've recently made a documentary about college students who get lude for extra cash, and how it becomes a part of them. That was good because it was real. Real is what makes it human, an comedy is truly a part of the viewer when it is a part of comedy that they can relate to.

Currently, Carrie Hartman; a well-respected Illustration professor @ MCAD is due to give birth to a brand spanken new kid. She shares her pregnancy with her class by stopping to lovingly have snack-time, and other fun activities that make life more tolerable. They lovingly call her
"Preggers: Carrie Hartman", and they never get sick of it.
More so, I never get sick of hearing it. Why is the word 'preggers' such a fun, lively, and relatable term for someone we know, respect, and enjoy being involved in the anticipation of their child? Who knows but if I persue this documentary about the loves, hates, and funnies of pregnancy in powerful lives, I will definitely be calling it: "Preggers: Insert name here"

-Big thanks to Tiffany Jastromski-loving roommate (makes my baked goods).

No comments: