Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Name is Laura: Therefore I Buy

We're in the finalists for the One Club Pitch!...SO, now I buy stuff.
I have a good idea about why i feel the need to pretty up my entire life before I go to impress people,... I have to impress myself. I'll be taking my computer, and writing stuff down- so I buy a gorgeous computer bag enveloped in adorable color and design that might work with any sassy, ball-kicker, power-woman outfit I might have. I then purchase a notebook that looks equally adorable and is a fantasmic example of illustration in product design!
So why is over-analyzing the way everything comes together in my image so important? The psychology of confidence- is imbedded in how we define our personality. Face it! we define ourselves by how we customize our posessions. I chose green stuff that was sleek. modern, and then incorporated illustration into the design because I feel fun when I find a pattern that gives me a visual of what I see when I think of that part of me. It's sad, but it's true! I feel like this bag describes me in some way! And I'm not ashamed! Just when you think I've gone overboard with the description of me through the description of my bag we come to the 'elegance of the interior'. The interior is made of this satin colored this golder version of lime with vertical striped stitching 1 inch apart in a perfect pattern. It feel 'perfect'. It makes me feel perfect carrying it, and knowing that it holds what I do in it's visually fantastic grasp. My name is Laura, and I am obsessed with the power of posessions.


No comments: