Thursday, May 15, 2008

Creative in a Cage

I look around the jungle that is this corporate zone...and thus far, the competition is keeping it fun.
I come in as a young cub with my ideas of hyper efficient ways to reach the world, but they don't necessarily apply at all times.  The best part is the continuing tension between the creatives and the account people.  At this 'agency' it's the opposite of the way a creative team usually works.  I picture the creative team coming up with all sorts of extraordinary crap to make this kick ass experience for the consumer that will blow their minds at how we know what they want to personalize their lives.  How we know what it means to give them a brand to love.  BUT... this place is each team of 2 for themselves, and I mean 2, the idea of a team of 4 or something is damn madness I tell you.  It's the strategists vs. the old-fashioned creatives!  the only problem is the creatives are kept from evolving.  The strategists don't want the creatives doing research and whatnot because it's THEIR job!  However when it comes time to prove that the creative will stand the test, the main argument is where's your research- you wouldn't give it to me.  So now(I) the young cub lurks through this corporate jungle knowing to cunningly go around both the creatives and the strategists to become the 'new creative', this thing that has the right to use all tools to create an experience that is truly innovative... stay tuned.

No comments: