Thursday, May 15, 2008

Good GOD the coffee's gone...

Oh sweet jesus the coffee's gone!  Now the cub moves on to other cubicle activities while she awaits the next integration into the pack.  One client project half-way participated in, and then...

I now sit patiently in my cube awaiting the next project, trying so hard to shine because I've had way too much caffeine.  It's interesting though, what we do when we're alone, bored in our cubes like children creatively trying to escape the playpen of useless ideation.  I sit here and build! I build and build some more!  Then I build something I've never built before.  I begin with the traditionals as this place is prone to promoting.  I begin with the poster pin-ups, the sketches and doodles, I then move on to the social applications, and then back and forth from that to my favorite websites.  BUT...then I find that my tastes require me to venture into an old-time fave of boredom...the coffee-cup-castle.  I start only with two lone coffee cups, but I have vision!  I know that everyday I will add yet another coffee cup to this work-in-progress, so I doodle together 3 sticky-notes to illustrate my drawbridge and water moat.  I see potential for turrets and towers.  Most importantly I see the potential for a developed story in this kingdom of coffee!  I see illustrating a knightly story with my varying office supplies and ability to doodle senseless!  Will this actually come together for the rest of the pack to see?  Why yes most likely.

No comments: