Thursday, May 15, 2008

The young cub meets the pack...

The cub is introduced to the elders to show what new hunting techniques they contribute...
I am to be introduced to the rest of the creative department on what they call 'third thursday'.
This is where I get up and tell all I  can about how much personality I can contribute to the group. They will ask me about things like my recent adventure to the 'One club' and about the other professional adventures that I've sought out.  After which they may find me interesting because I enjoy competitive sports other than advertising such as softball, presentations, and other ball busting activities.  Then we get into what may make me more interesting because most of the department may not be able to do these things.  I'm an illustrator (I hunt out the brands with my 'neato' way of visualization)  I screen print, and then I write like a damn mad hatter diving into projects such as "if I could write anything ridiculous for a publication I would...".  Hopefully they will find this interesting.  Foremost I see this as an opportunity to befriend as many departments as a I can.  This way my creative ideas won't be halted by numbers and traditional mediums.  The tradition can be good for the right crowd, but I see a 'disconnect' where the numbers decide that traditional is always the way to go... let's see what we can do about that.

No comments: